… that gave me chills
- Today, a 12 year old boy died in a house fire near my neighborhood. After he pulled his mom to safety, he ran back into the burning house for his 5-month-old baby sister. MMT
- Today, my friend told me she didn’t mind being legally blind, with only 12% of her vision. She said, “After it rains there’s usually a dew left on the grass. And because of the way my eyes refract the light, I see rainbows in the grass.” MMT
- Today, the teenager, I scream at almost every day for driving too fast in the neighborhood because it worries me that he’s going to run over my kids, ran across the street from his driveway to ours and grabbed my son off of his tricycle in the middle of the street just before a swerving drunk driver ran over my son’s tricycle and kept going. MMT
- Today, we were supposed to meet in the park. But instead I met her in the hospital’s intensive care unit. And as I sat beside her bed and staring at her unconscious body hooked up to all the breathing equipment, I reached into my pocket, pulled out the diamond engagement ring, and cried. I’m still here waiting and hoping. MMT
- Today, at the food court in the mall, a beautiful girl about my age came up to me and hugged me with tears in her eyes. Once she calmed down, I realized that I had pulled her out of a bathtub a month earlier, her wrists covered in slashes. I am an EMT, and her gesture of appreciation MMT.
Want to tell your story? Share it! The world needs to hear it.